When it comes to curb appeal, nothing transforms the outside of your home like fresh new vinyl siding. The benefits of vinyl siding in Traverse City, MI don’t end there, either. It’s affordable, easy to install and requires very little maintenance. If your home could use a serious upgrade, vinyl siding might just be the answer. Read on to learn more about the pros and cons of vinyl siding.
Is vinyl siding right for you?
Wondering whether vinyl siding would be a good fit for your home? Here are some of the big vinyl siding benefits you could be poised to enjoy:
- Installs over most existing siding: Vinyl siding is a great fit when you already have wooden, cement or existing vinyl siding. If your home is finished with stucco, vinyl may not be the right answer. It requires a smooth surface, so repairing or replacing your stucco may be the better solution.
- Cost effective: Perhaps the biggest benefit of vinyl siding is how economical it is to cover the entire exterior of your home. Vinyl is significantly cheaper than other types of siding, and when you consider the rest of its benefits, like low upkeep costs and longevity, it is a great investment. Most vinyl siding offers an 80 percent return on your investment.
- Durable: Your vinyl siding will stand up to hot, humid summers, dry winters, rain, snow, hail and more. It’s even impact resistant, which means that as long as you’re not regularly lobbing baseballs at the side of your home, it should hold up and look great for decades to come. Unlike wooden siding, it also won’t rot, split or warp. In fact, you can expect that your siding will last up to 60 years.
- Attractive: Unlike with paint, vinyl’s color is baked right into the material. You won’t get the same chipping, fading and peeling effects you might see with other kinds of siding, and there are dozens of color, style and decorative options. When you pick vinyl, you’ll be able to make your home look exactly the way you’d like, at lower cost than other siding types.
- Quick installation: Unlike stucco, vinyl siding can be installed in a matter of days, not weeks—perfect if you don’t want to have construction crews on your property for weeks at a time.
- Low maintenance: Finally, vinyl is low maintenance. Most of us don’t want to spend a lot of time on exterior upkeep—we have enough to do as it is. Vinyl is perfect for the busy homeowner. Not only does it maintain its color and structural integrity well, but it can be cleaned and refreshed with soap and water.
When you’re ready to replace your siding, vinyl is the clear choice. Vinyl siding is beautiful, durable, lasts for decades and offers a great ROI on top of all its other benefits in Traverse City, MI. Why not replace your siding today?
It’s hard to keep on schedule in Michigan when the season starts in April and May due to our weather. Qualified Roofing is running 5 to 7 percent off discounts for flexible scheduling—call today to get started!
Categorised in: Siding