It’s never a good idea to neglect or ignore obvious problems with your business building’s roof. Minor damage will typically cost you less money to fix, but major repairs can cost a lot, and a complete roof replacement is a huge expense for any business or commercial property owner. For the sake of money and headaches, invest in regular maintenance and make repairs as soon as you notice damage.
There’s some maintenance you can potentially do yourself, but you might prefer to leave it to a qualified professional. Here are six tips to help you select the right company for commercial roof repair in Traverse City, MI:
- Get recommendations: One of your first steps in finding a reliable roofing contractor should be asking around for recommendations. Some of the best local services are discovered through word of mouth, so don’t hesitate to contact other business owners in your community. Ask if they can recommend a good roofer—what did they like about the company’s services, prices, customer service and communication?
- Do your research: Once you shorten your list of potential roofing companies, it’s time to check them out. Don’t hire anyone until you do some research. Jump online and read through their background, licensing, certifications and the services they offer. Also, find out how long they have been in the commercial roofing business and what sort of training their employees have.
- Check with the BBB: The Better Business Bureau’s website has information about many businesses, but not all. It doesn’t hurt to see if the roofing company you are interested in hiring is a member of the BBB. Keep in mind that even if a business is not a member, customers can still file complaints with the BBB.
- Read reviews and ask for references: Check Google and the business’s website for customer reviews. This is a great way to learn about a company’s work ethic and quality of work and service. If you find online forums with discussions about a particular commercial roofing company, take the opportunity to engage others in conversation to get honest reviews. Another thing you can do is contact the company and ask for references.
- Ask to see portfolios: A reputable and experienced roofing company will have a portfolio of the work they have done in the past. If this is the case, they will have no problem producing photos upon request. They should be proud to show off roofing projects they’ve done for other clients. Looking at past work can help you narrow down your list of possible companies.
- Look for free consultations: Major roof repairs and complete roof replacements are not cheap. They can cost thousands to tens of thousands of dollars. Many professional roofing companies know this, which is why offering a free consultation is not a stretch for many of them. Save some money by checking out companies that offer free consultations and quotes.
Don’t give yourself a headache groaning over commercial roof repair in Traverse City, MI. Let the experts at Qualified Roofing take care of things! Call us for a free consultation today.