Does your roof need some TLC? With so many other tasks on your plate, it can be easy to let roof maintenance slip under your radar. Fortunately, there are signs you can watch for that you need roof repairs in Traverse City, MI.
Keep an eye out for the following red flags. If they pop up, don’t hesitate to contact a professional roofing contractor. Delaying repairs will only make matters worse. To protect your property, take the appropriate steps if you notice any of these warning signs:
- Sad shingles: Inspect your shingles. Are any of them cracked, curled or missing? Are any of them dark or wet? If so, your roofing material is nearing the end of its lifespan. If many of your shingles are in this condition, you need roof repairs in Traverse City, MI.
- Gutter granules: Check your gutters. Are they filled with what looks like black sand? Over time, shingles shed granules. As the shingles wear out, these granules make their way down the roofline and into the gutter. If you find a lot of this “sand,” it means your shingles are quite worn, and it might be time for roof repairs in Traverse City, MI.
- Stained ceilings: Have you discovered any mysterious staining on your interior ceilings or walls? This discoloration is often caused by leaks in the roof. It is no longer doing its job of protecting your interior from moisture. Arrange for roof repairs in Traverse City, MI as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- Lofty leaks: Many property owners rarely see their attic. It’s a good idea to inspect this space occasionally to check for leaks. Take a peek in your attic after a significant rain storm to verify everything is solid and dry. If it’s not, you may need to replace some flashing, or you may need more extensive roof repairs in Traverse City, MI.
- Poor posture: Is your roof deck sagging? It shouldn’t be. If your decking or rafters are sagging, you need roof repairs in Traverse City, MI. When in good condition, these should always remain straight. If you catch this problem early, you may be able to make sectional repairs rather than replace the entire roof.
- Hard-working HVAC: Have you noticed an increase in your utility bills? This might not be due to rising energy costs. This could be due to air leakage. If your roof is not properly sealed, your air conditioner or heater must work extra hard to try to keep up with the leaks. This inefficiency results in a spike in utility costs.
Call for Backup
Have you noticed any of these warning signs that you need roof repairs in Traverse City, MI? If so, contact the experts at Qualified Roofing. With over 25 years of experience, our team offers a full range of roofing repairs to keep your property in top shape. We specialize in both residential and commercial roofing and are committed to complete customer satisfaction. Reach out to us today with any questions about your roof or to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Roof Repair