Your home is an important part of your life. It protects you and your family, while also showing off the fruits of your hard work. Keeping it in shape and maintained is an important part of everyday life. However, a house isn’t much of a home without a proper roof. If you’re looking for some simple maintenance or an emergency repair, you’ll want to find respectable roofers in Traverse City, MI to handle the job. They’ll need to be trustworthy and reliable. Here are some of the best ways to make the right selection when it comes to finding roofers in Traverse City, MI:
- Keeping it local: There are a number of reasons to choose a local roofer in Traverse City, MI. First, it’s much easier to contact them if there are any problems or changes that need to be made. The business should also have a good reputation within the community. A local roofing business that doesn’t do good work or follow up with its customers won’t last very long. A bigger business may be able to get away with being unreliable because no one around knows any better.
- Get what you pay for: The cost of the roofing should be considered, but it shouldn’t be the be-all and end-all of your decision. If you choose the cheapest option just because it’s the least expensive, you may not get a reliable roofer. This means repairs may still be necessary and you’ll have to hire another roofer in Traverse City, MI. Do all the research you can, and consider the price at the same time. If one offer is much lower than the others, it may be too good to be true.
- Insurance check: Working on a roof can be dangerous, and because it’s your property, you can be liable. The roofing company should have worker’s compensation and liability insurance. If they don’t, the liability falls to you. Before work begins, ask to see their certificates and call the company’s insurance carrier to make sure they’re truly covered. Not only will you not be held liable for any accidents, it will also protect you if there are issues with your roof in the future.
- No door-to-door: Avoid any door-to-door roofers. It may seem convenient that they come by after a storm to repair your roof, but that’s because it is too convenient! They are usually storm chasers who make up or exaggerate their qualifications to get work. There’s no way to verify the quality of their work. You want to find roofers in Traverse City, MI with a solid history and background.
- Everything should be in writing: Get everything about the job in writing. This protects you and the roofing company. If there’s ever a dispute about what work was done (or should’ve been done), having everything in writing from the beginning will protect both you and the roofing company.
Qualified Roofing has been serving customers in Traverse City, MI for 25 years. We’re a locally owned business that specializes in roofing installation and repair. Our friendly, professional staff is dedicated to providing you with a customized experience every time. We offer free consultations, so give us a call right away!
Categorised in: Roofer