Roofing repairs are a significant investment. When you entrust someone with this task, you want to be sure they are worthy of that trust. You want the job done right the first time, and you want to see a good return on your investment. For this to happen, you must choose your roofing contractor in Traverse City, MI carefully.
What should you look for in a roofing contractor in Traverse City, MI? Use the following guide to vet your options. The contractor you choose should have these five essential traits:
- Experience: Find out how long the roofing contractor has been in the industry. In addition to longevity, be sure they have completed a significant number of jobs. Additionally, ask about the types of jobs they have completed. Are they experienced with the style of roofing work your property needs? Don’t set yourself up as anyone’s guinea pig. Look for quality work based on extensive experience.
- Insurance: A legitimate roofing contractor in Traverse City, MI has the proper coverage. Verify that the contractor has liability and worker’s compensation insurance. It is perfectly acceptable (and recommended) to ask for proof of insurance before any work begins. If the roofer cannot produce this proof, take your business elsewhere. Working with them is not worth the risk.
- Documentation: A phone call and a handshake are not enough. All roofing bids must be in writing. All contracts must be in writing. The contractor should provide all the details of the work to be done, the material and labor costs, the timeline, warranties and any other pertinent information in writing. If the roofer is not able to provide this documentation, do not proceed with them.
- Reasonable price: Beware of roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI whose price is much higher or lower than typical bids. It’s a good idea to get at least three bids before you choose a contractor, so you have some comparison. Bids that are extremely low may be enticing, but, keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Quality materials and labor come with a cost. A bid that is surprisingly low likely involves cutting corners somewhere. On the flip side, bids that are astronomical (especially soon after a local storm or other disaster) could be a sign of price gouging.
- Reputation: What are others saying about the roofing contractor? Look for someone with an established local reputation. Check their standing with the Better Business Bureau. Look for online reviews. Ask the contractor directly for client referrals. If multiple sources offer a good report, you’re likely to have a good experience with the contractor as well.
Partner with the Pros
If you are looking for a quality roofing contractor in Traverse City, MI, turn to the experts at Qualified Roofing. Locally owned and operated, we have been serving the area for 25 years. We specialize in a full range of roofing services for both residential and commercial settings. Our friendly, professional staff is dedicated to providing our customers with industry-leading service, every time. Reach out to us today with any questions or to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors