The Top Things to Look for When Choosing a Roofing Company
You can’t control when disaster strikes. Extreme winds could unexpectedly rip the shingles off the roof of your home and heavy rains can send water leaking into the living room. But do you know whom to call when any of these things happens? Homeowners need to have a reliable roofing contractor ready to spring into action quickly and at a reasonable price.
Unfortunately, many homeowners don’t worry about their roof until it’s too late. They are then stuck scrambling to find a contractor who can complete the job as soon as possible, which doesn’t always guarantee the highest quality work or most competitive pricing. An untrustworthy contractor could leave you with a huge bill and subpar work. That’s why it’s so important to take the time to separate the bad from the good before signing off on the job.
Luckily, homeowners can safeguard themselves by looking out for a few different things when hiring roofers in Traverse City, MI:
- Locally owned and operated: A warranty is only valid for as long as the company is around to honor it. Check that the roofing company has a local address within the community. Oftentimes, roofers will travel from another city or state after a big storm to cash-in on the high demand for repairs. Then, they manage to disappear from the area after the work is done, essentially leaving the homeowner without any warranty.
- Insurance: Insurance guarantees you are protected if an accident happens on the property. This might include medical bills if an employee is injured, or repair costs if a falling piece of equipment breaks a window. A reputable roofing company will carry both worker’s compensation and liability insurance.
- Experience: On-the-job experience is key when hiring roofers in Traverse City, MI. An experienced contractor will have the necessary knowledge to deal with any issues that may arise, in addition to a familiarity with any relevant local codes and regulations.
- Warranties: A reputable roofing company will provide a labor warranty. Typically, the warranty will be for at least one year and will cover any issues that arise due to faulty workmanship. Read the warranty carefully to ensure the company commits to fixing these issues for free. It’s best to steer clear of a company entirely if they don’t offer a warranty.
- Fair prices: An extremely low price generally is an indicator of low quality work. Companies offering deals that seem too good to be true may not carry the necessary insurance or hire licensed contractors. They could also indicate the company uses shoddy work materials or practices, which means you will likely end up spending more on repairs in the long run. At the same time, extremely high prices should also be avoided.
Take the stress out of hiring a high-quality roofing company by choosing the experts at Qualified Roofing. Our team has solidified its place as the best roofers in Traverse City, MI over the years, and we’re ready to handle all kinds of roofing issues, including repairs and replacements. Call us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Roofer