Do you know who you’d call if your roof were to start leaking during a sudden rainstorm? What about if heavy winds were to rip off half the shingles? You need a professional who will perform high quality work quickly and at an affordable price when disaster strikes. But knowing the right roofer to hire can be a challenging and intimidating task for many homeowners. Oftentimes, homeowners are left to make a decision quickly so the work can get started as soon as possible.
It’s important to only choose a quality company. A less trustworthy contractor could perform subpar work or leave customers stranded with a worthless warranty after they unexpectedly go out of business. Consider these helpful tips to assist you in choosing the best roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI:
- Insurance: This is one of the most basic and important things all roofing contractors need. Insurance protects you if an accident were to occur on your property, such as an employee injury or a falling piece of material causing damage to the home. A reputable company will carry both liability insurance and worker’s compensation. Don’t hesitate to verify the status of the policy with the carrier if you’re ever unsure.
- Locally based: A warranty is only good as long as the company is around to honor it. Many disreputable companies promise lengthy warranties only to seemingly disappear from the area after the work is done. Look for a company that has an established business location and a good reputation within the community.
- Avoid storm chasers: The contractor knocking on your front door just after a storm has passed through probably isn’t the best choice. Many companies capitalize on weather events by promising repairs for a low cost. Unfortunately, they often use forceful tactics to push homeowners to sign a letter of intent before the work is completed. Avoid these questionable businesses at all costs.
- Get the job details in writing: Nothing is official until it is in writing. The roofing contractor should provide you with a detailed written estimate before any work begins. This should include the work to be completed, labor, parts, an estimated price and a projected completion date. Take the time to ensure you really understand the estimate before agreeing to anything.
- Reasonably priced: A low price often indicates low quality work. Low-balling companies typically don’t carry the necessary insurance or employ licensed roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI. Plus, you could end up spending more in the long run as an untrained professional completing the work for a low price could end up leaving the roof in even worse condition than when the project started. Interviewing multiple companies will help you identify a reasonable cost for the job.
- Communication is key: Did you have to chase the business owner down just to get an estimate? If so, it would be best to take your business elsewhere. Communication is vital in a roofing project. You need a professional that will always be ready to discuss what work is being completed while repairs are underway.
Take the stress out of hiring roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI by getting in touch with the pros at Qualified Roofing. Call us today to learn more about our services.