Six Signs You Need Roofing Repairs Immediately
It’s easy to let household chores slip your mind as you’re busy rushing off to work or trying to get the kids to soccer practice on time. Usually, forgetting to tighten a leaky sink or replace the air filter doesn’t have any serious consequences. But ignoring the need for roof repairs can be more problematic. Failing to recognize a developing issue can result in costly emergency repairs and other damage. Putting off a major issue for too long could leave you with no other choice than to replace the entire roof. Watching out for a few common indicators will help you know when it’s time to call a professional for roofing repairs in Traverse City, MI as soon as possible:
- Disaster strikes: This one might seem obvious, but it’s important to remember. Contacting a professional roofing specialist as soon as disaster strikes can help prevent the damage from escalating. For example, a roof impacted by a falling tree could potentially be salvaged if you act quickly. A roofing contractor will know the necessary steps to take to keep the damage from affecting other areas of the roof while also maintaining the structural integrity.
- Interior staining: A roof’s underlayment prevents moisture from leaking into your home. Over time, the underlayment can become compromised. Your first warning sign that this has occurred will be the presence of staining on the interior walls and ceilings in your home. Replacing the roof will keep the water out and prevent any additional damage to your home’s interior.
- Cracked or missing shingles: Cracks or curls in your shingles are the official signs from your roof that it has reached the end of its lifespan. If the majority of the shingles appear to be damaged, then its likely time to have your entire roof replaced. Have a professional roofing specialist inspect the state of your roof to determine the best course of action.
- Leaking: Leaks are never a good sign, and they could mean you are about to need a new roof. Oftentimes, the problem can be fixed just by replacing the flashing. However, it could also be caused by a porous underlayment, which would require a major roof replacement.
- Sagging roof deck: Do the decking or rafters in your attic appear to be sagging downward? If so, it’s time to call for roofing repairs in Traverse City, MI. The sagging is often caused by outside moisture leaking in through the roof. Luckily, a roofing specialist can usually locate the exact problem area and make the necessary repairs easily.
- Clogged gutters: Finding granules, sludge and shingle remnants inside your gutters is not a good sign. The presence of this debris usually indicates the roof is deteriorating. Have a professional inspect the remaining shingles to determine whether the roof can be repaired or if it’s time for a replacement.
Having a professional roofing contractor with Qualified Roofing inspect your roof for any warning signs is the first step to avoiding costly and time-consuming roofing repairs in Traverse City, MI. Call us today to get started!
Categorised in: Roof Repair