Like many homeowners, you’ve probably been putting off replacing your old or broken roof for months—if not years. Whether it’s due to finances or a lack of time, it’s common that a roof replacement will be put off until it’s absolutely necessary. But opting to replace your roof now may actually pay off in the long run. Spring is the perfect time to install a new roof. Opting to install a new roof will prevent leaks from spring showers from damaging your home, in addition to saving you quite a bit of money in the long run.
Here are five reasons why spring is the perfect time for a new roof in Traverse City, MI:
- Great weather: The spring season is famous for its beautiful weather. The days are warm and the sun is shining, which makes it the perfect environment for a new roof installation. The mild weather will allow for your new roof to be installed quickly, with minimal delays for rain or heat.
- Lower energy costs: Summer is on its way, which means your air conditioner will soon be working overtime. Replacing your roof can actually help reduce your monthly energy bill. Many different types of roofs have pigmented coatings or cooling granules to reduce any heat gain.
- Convenience: March thru May tends to be a bit slower for most roofing companies. Most homeowners will put off getting a new roof until summer, as they’re busy with work or school commitments. You’ll have better luck with finding a high quality roofing company available to install your new roof at a time best suited for your schedule. This way, your roof will be ready to go once summer rolls around, without your having to fight the crowds the get the job done.
- Avoid costly repairs: Your roof is your home’s first line of protection against the elements. Unfortunately, it can’t work properly if it has been compromised. A damaged or worn-down roof will leave your home exposed to the outside elements. A small leak could turn into a big problem if your living room were to be flooded following a big rainstorm. Not only would you then have to pay for costly emergency repairs, but you’d also be facing thousands of dollars’ worth of repairs and replacement costs for your flooring, walls and household possessions.
- Top quality: Unfortunately, many less reputable roofing installation specialists may feel pressured to complete your project in order to get to the next one on their list during the busy season. As a result, careless mistakes and shoddy craftsmanship are common when the work is done by a company lacking the necessary experience. By getting the work done during the offseason, you’ll have your pick of the top names in the business.
Take the stress out of installing a new roof in Traverse City, MI this spring by hiring the experts at Qualified Roofing today. Call us right away to schedule a free consultation and get started on your project!