Sometimes it is obvious when you need a residential roofer in Traverse City, MI, and other times you may not realize you need one at all. There are circumstances where you may have never considered roofing help, and ignoring those situations can lead to major repairs later. Here are five reasons why you should call a residential roofer for preventative maintenance or to solve problems before they become serious:
- Big storms: Winter storms wreak havoc on roofs. Even if you were not jarred awake with a big crash and obvious damage, there is still a chance of roof damage. Missing shingles leave your home vulnerable to water damage, and small breaches can become large holes later. If you heard loud noises, arranging to have your roof inspected is not a bad idea. This is especially true if your roof is near the end of its useful life and close to requiring replacement anyway.
- Ice: If you do not have an ice elimination system on your roof, you should consider one. Ice dams cause serious damage, and if water pools and then freezes, that is extra weight that becomes a destructive force later. We can add heated gutters, along with other ice elimination measures, so you do not have to worry about the damage caused by freezing weather. After facing a long season with ice, it also does not hurt to inspect the roof and make repairs, along with installing measures that control ice.
- Time for a new roof: After many winters of protecting you and your household, it may be time to replace your roof. Planning now means you can have the time and money for the endeavor by spring. We can offer you an estimate, and you can decide when to get the work done. It is possible to replace roofs even in the wintertime, so if your roof is really in poor shape and we offer a deal, there is no reason you cannot take advantage of it now.
- Leaks: Water accumulation and falling tree branches make for a potent mix. If you never noticed damage and did not arrange for a roof inspection, it is possible to one day find water dripping into your home. Do not consider repairing leaks yourself, or just covering them up. Your DIY repairs may not withstand the assault of continuing winter weather. Call us instead and know the repair is finished correctly the first time.
- Safety issues: Your local roofer has safety measures in place so the chance of injury is minimized. We climb with harnesses and know how to maneuver so we do not fall off your roof. Homeowners with endless to-do lists may not be as safe on a roof simply because they cannot take their time. Rather than risk life and limb, call us instead and stay safely in your home or on the ground.
If you are looking for a residential roofer in Traverse City, MI to replace or repair your roof, call Qualified Roofing today to schedule a consultation.