What to Expect from Your Roofing Contractors in Traverse City, MI
A roof is a major investment, and you want to make sure you are working with reputable roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI when you are having roof repair or replacement done on your house. There are shady roofing businesses out there, and you need to be aware of who you are working with, as this will determine the results you get from your new roof. Here are some things to look for when you are hiring a roofing contractor:
- Insured: This is a big one, as you don’t want to be liable if something should happen over the course of having your roof repaired or replaced. Good roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI will be covered by both worker’s compensation and liability insurance, leaving you free of any blame if an accident were to occur. Don’t take a chance with a roofing contractor who is not insured, as you run the risk of footing the cost if something gets damaged or someone gets hurt.
- Licensed: Ask your roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI for proof of their license if one is required where you live. This will show that they are a legitimate business that follows regulations set by your city and state, and will give you a good indication of how they run their business. A roofing contractor that doesn’t have a license may also cut corners when it comes to installing or repairing your roof.
- Experienced: You will want to go with a roofing contractor who has experience and knows what they are doing. Avoid someone who has never done this type of work before and doesn’t have the expertise in installing roofing materials. You want someone who has knowledge of roofing and who has done previous work in the industry to install or repair your roof.
- Physical location: Any roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI that you choose should have a physical office location that you can visit if the need arises. Beware of a roofing contractor who operates from a post office box, as you will have nowhere to go if a problem does arise. This is a sign that they may be a fly-by-night operation and one from which you want to steer clear.
- References: Be sure to do your homework on your roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI and ask for references from past clients. A good roofing contractor will have plenty of happy customers who will vouch for them and talk about the service they received. If a roofing contractor is hesitant to provide references, this could be a sign that they don’t provide good service and have had problems with their past customers. Always check out the work of your roofing contractor in advance so you know what to expect.
By researching and asking questions about your roofing contractors in Traverse City, MI, you can weed out a company that is not qualified to do work on your home. For professional roofing services, contact Qualified Roofing. We have over 25 years in the industry and experience working with residential and commercial customers on roof repairs and installation. Call us today to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors