Roof replacement can be intense. It’s a messy, full-time job that can and will affect your everyday life in the house throughout the process, and it can be pretty pricy as well. And though occasional roof replacement may be necessary, you might be surprised by how rarely this is truly needed. For example, the average roof only needs to be replaced every 20 years. But if you find yourself constantly battling leaks and infestations, it could be a sign that you need to give your poor roof a little more consistent attention.
But how can you keep your roof in optimum health in between replacements? Give it a little TLC, of course! Regular roof repair in Traverse City, MI, particularly during good weather months as a preventative and a corrective measure, is the key to avoiding the scourge of the overly frequent need for roof replacement:
- Get regular expert inspections: The best way to insure your home and roof against the need for big, expansive replacements is to get regular expert evaluations of your roof. An expert will be able to check for damage that you won’t be able to spot and will be able to offer repairs or advice to fix the damage and save your roof.
- Repair shingles and patches early: Shingles will be damaged over the years by weather conditions, and the compromising of a few tiles here and there won’t destroy the integrity of your whole roof. But it’s important to keep on top of the repairs of single tiles or shingles as their damaged to keep larger damage to both your roof and your interior at bay.
- Clean out those gutters: Proper drainage is integral to maintaining the health of your roof and home. Clogged gutters can cause water and debris to drain slowly or not at all, leading to damage to localized areas on your roof. Regularly cleaning out the gutters and repairing damaged areas in the gutters and roof will mean a longer lifespan for your roof.
- Keep the chimney clear: The structural integrity of your chimney affects the integrity of your roof, and vice versa. That means that if your chimney is damaged, even without your realizing it, it could be causing trauma to your roof. Get an expert to inspect both your chimney and roof to determine whether everything is functioning well or in need of repair.
- Clean out the mold: Having your roof both professionally repaired and cleaned on a regular basis will keep damaging mold, algae and other growths from compromising the integrity of different areas of your roof. Be sure to keep it clean and repair any damage caused by growth quickly, before the problem becomes much bigger and affects a larger area or the entire roof.
Getting regular expert roof inspections and roof repair in Traverse City, MI is a lot easier than having to deal with the expense, time and inconvenience of a full roof replacement before the end of your roof’s lifespan. Following these tips and consulting a professional will spare you from the hassles and damages that result from overlooking roof repair, and they will give you considerable peace of mind, too. If you would like to learn more or speak to a roof repair expert, get in touch with the team at Qualified Roofing today!